Fundus automated perimetry is a technique that images the retina during visual field testing, enabling a correlation to be made between visual function and retinal structure.
Visual field testing is most frequently used to detect any signs of glaucoma damage to the optic nerve. In addition, visual field tests are useful for detection of central or peripheral retinal disease, eyelid conditions such as ptosis or drooping of the eyelid, optic nerve disease, and diseases affecting the visual pathways within the brain such as strokes or aneurysms.
Advantages of the Compass Centervue Fundus Automated Perimetry over Standard Automated Perimetry include the possibility to measure sensitivity at specific retinal locations, higher accuracy thanks to retinal-tracking based compensation of eye movements and the simultaneous assessment of function of the nerve fibers and the retinal structure. Compass Centervue Fundus Automated Perimetry provides a simultaneous, quantitative assessment of fixation characteristics.
Use of Fundus Automated Perimetry in the clinical management of glaucoma has been limited so far, as available systems were lacking compliance with the standards of automated perimetry. COMPASS overcomes such limitations and brings visual field analysis to the next level!
- High-resolution TrueColor Confocal Imaging of the Optic Nerve and Nerve fiber layer of the central retina
- Combined structure and function analysis
- High test – retest repeatability thanks to the Real Time Retinal Tracking, that actively compensates eye movements
- Reliable automated follow up with combined structure-function progression analysis
- Operator friendly: no trials lens required, automatic refractive correction
- More patient comfort: test can be suspended at any time without data loss